How to Worship Lord Ganesha
5 Tips to Pray at Home
- Lord Ganesh is one of the most famous gods amongst Hindu Gods.
- He is the god with an elephant face and human body.
- He is also called by other names as vinayaka, vigneshwara, ganapathi etc.
- He is considered to be very intelligent and smart.
- He is sought after for success and growth in every field.
- He is to be worshiped first (pratham pujye) before any prayer or puja as per Hindu tradition.
Lord Ganesh: He is the son of Lord Shiva and goddess Parvathi. But it is said he was not born out of conception. His mother made him out of clay from her body and gave him life.
He was acting as a watchman to his mothers home and did not allow even lord shiva to enter. Then out of anger lord shiva beheaded him. Learning this goddess parvathi requested to give him life back.
So lord Shiva gave him life but with an elephant face fixed to his neck.
Benefits of worshipping lord Ganesh
- Students perceiving education.
- Those willing to get out of debt.
- To improve earnings.
- To grow up in career.
- To overcome obstacles in life.
- To improve savings
When ever you see lord Ganesha photo or an idol in any temple, you will find goddess saraswati and laxmi beside. This in one way indicates, that for education one needs blessing of lord ganesh besides goddess saraswati.
So those students perceiving education and willing to score better and go for higher education should pray lord Ganesh.
Also those with high debt should pray to Ganesha for relief from it.
If one is into business or freelancing type or self employed, worship to lord Ganesha helps improve income. Since he is also with goddess laxmi, it indicates he helps to overcome distress and poverty.
If you are hindered by politics in office or career then praying to lord Ganesha shows ways to move on.
How to worship lord ganesha:
1.Put an picture or idol for worship at home or office.
- By reciting his mantra.
- Do the offering
- Worship on a Wednesday.
- Fasting on Tuesday if one is affected by ketu in horoscope.
How to pray lord ganesha for better income:
1.Instead of a using Ganesh in sitting posture, put a picture or idol of standing Ganesha. This standing position is said to be for the purpose of higher income.
- Lit a deep with coconut oil and ghee every day before the picture or idol.
- Offer Jasmin or other flowers during prayer if you can find around.
- Chant the Vinakaya mantra
Shukla-Ambara-Dharam Vishnum Shashi-Varnam Chatur-Bhujham!
Prasanna-Vadhanam Dhyaayeth Sarva-Vighno–pashantaye!
This sloka is for lord Vishnu and then continue as with the following mantra:
Agaja-anana-Padma-Arkam Gaja-ananam Aharnisham!”
“Aneka-Dam-Tam Bhaktaanaam Eka-Dantam Upaasmahe!”
Also one should have determination to achieve things. Unlike other God Vinayaka helps those who make genuine efforts to reach the goal and not lazy ones.
Besides worshiping lord Ganesha, one should also worship lord Shiva and goddess Paravati. This will ensure positive benefits without fail.
Ganesha seems to be our companion on the long run. For students, self employed and business men, worshipping lord Ganesha blessing will be more fruitf